Monday, April 27, 2009

A year ago...

"And now as I said concerning faith— faith is not to have a perfect knowledge of things; therefore if ye have faith ye hope for things which are not seen, which are true."

Alma 32:21



A year ago from yesterday I was baptized. I have been reflecting alot on my life now compared to a year ago. I can honestly say that I have been much happier since the gospels been in my life. Everyone told me it wouldn't be easy, and they were right. Its funny how many people will try to influence you into not believing or will question everything about it. I have been having difficulty lately and even doubts about it all. I do know that its people trying to get the best of me and that I have to over come it all. Just like the quote above says faith is not to have a perfect knowledge of things. Lucky for me I am surrounded with people that have strong testimonies and that are great role models. I also have a very strong husband that will guide me to doing what I need to do. I am very grateful for everything that I have and have gained from being a member. I have truly been blesses and look forward to going spiritually.


Yesterday's Relief Society meeting was amazing. It really left me thinking about how I appear and what I am as a person. For the most part I am happy. I have a great son and husband. I do wish however that I was closer to my mom and sister. I really miss not having a strong relationship with them. I also wish I had closer friends whom I could just call and talk to. I would say it's mostly my fault for not putting myself out there and holding back. I will try to build the relationships that I want and find more time for my self to become a better person, to be a great wife, mother, and friend.

1 comment:

Ashley and Cody said...

I am so proud of you for taking such a huge step and getting baptised. You are such a good example to everyone for making such an important commitment. The gospel has brought so much happiness and peace to my life and I hope it will to yours. I am excited to hear how your adventure in San Diego goes and also see little Brody. I can't wait to see you on Saturday!!

VALOR Pest control

VALOR Pest control
PLEASE POST ABOUT OUR NEW COMPANY ON YOUR BLOG!