Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The next six weeks

I've always have had his idea of what the perfect me would look like, and as I stare in the mirror I realize that I am far from it. Why do all us women stare at the cover of magazines and wish we looked just like that perfect girl?...Even if we know that in reality the photo has been photo shopped to look amazing. I have always struggled with my image and think I am never good enough. I have decided to get rid of this obsession and work with what I've got. Sure my tummy is not as flat as it once was before having two beautiful kids, my legs aren't firm and the list can go on and on...so from this day forth I am making an effort to eat healthier, work out and just accept who I am and what I look like.

I have joined a boot camp! It's not all just physical, I will also be working on my inner self. I have six weeks to love what I see on the outside as much as I love the me on the inside. I will not be using a scale because the purpose of me doing this has nothing to do with a number. I just want to feel good about myself. 

So for those readers out there(if I have any) I will be tracking my progress on my blog. I will share thoughts, feelings and progress as the next six weeks come along. 

This is my journey into a fit and healthier me =)

4 comments:

Jenna said...

I might do that too if I can get brave enough to admit how much change I really need to do! Go you!

The Mann Fam said...

Jess, You are beautiful! Don't you believe those inside your head voices that would have you believe otherwise. They don't know what they're talking about.

Do the boot camp for your inner self and fun. If changes happen to the outside of you that's bonus.

Like you said only you see the not so "perfect" image of yourself.

Ashley and Cody said...

Good for you jess! I am excited for you, and I'm excited for you to get the results you want. You look great so it won't take much to get where you want! Good luck with the next 6 weeks!

The Mann Fam said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JESSICA!! xx

VALOR Pest control

VALOR Pest control
PLEASE POST ABOUT OUR NEW COMPANY ON YOUR BLOG!